Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tracing Mormon Pioneer Ancestors: Local Heritage Organizations

When I mentioned the Daughters of Utah Pioneers in an earlier post, I neglected to mention the local chapters of the Daughters of Utah Pioneers. In particular, I will mention the St. George DUP, which has a large collection of pioneer histories, photographs, and memorabilia relating to the settlement of Washington County, Utah, and the surrounding areas. I spent a few delightful minutes talking to a couple of volunteer docents at the McQuarrie Memorial Museum today.


I also neglected to provide a link to the Sons of Utah Pioneers Website.


Here is a page on the Daughters of Utah Pioneers website which lists all the museums in all the different areas of Utah and one in Idaho:
DUP Satellite Museum Directory
Since I have no reason to believe that the Litsons ever left the Salt Lake area in the first two generations (Richard and Frances and their children), I would have little reason to look at any DUP outside Salt Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment