Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Guest Posting: Oh, What a Puzzle


I've been resisting getting more involved in the field of genealogy, but with a recent call to serve as a Family History Consultant for my congregation, I've seen the writing on the wall and have started seriously considering some form of genealogical certification.

Anyway, here's a guest post at Keepapitchinin: The Mormon History Blog, complete with discussion by readers:

Oh, What a Puzzle: What if Your Genealogy is “All Done”?

Puzzilla is a new resource for users of FamilySearch Family Tree. It shows an overview of the ancestral lines and is helpful in finding where work needs to be done.

Here is a follow-up article on my father's LDS-oriented family history blog, "Rejoice and be exceeding glad...":

Why can't I find any undone families in Puzzilla?

He specifies the difference between finding research that needs to be done, which Puzzilla can do, and temple work that needs to be done, which may be the ultimate purpose, but not what the application does.

.
.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new call to serve as a Family History Consultant! I've served in that calling for many years now. It's a wonderful calling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jana. I've been doing it for a while anyway, so I guess they decided to make it official. : ) And it is a great calling!

    ReplyDelete