Thursday, July 24, 2014

Happy Pioneer Day!


Happy Pioneer Day! The Family History Library emailed out an interesting link to registered users it identified as having Mormon pioneer ancestry. It didn't find everyone, and I haven't had a chance to compare it to my own list, but it was pretty cool.


It's been a strange blogging month with only two posts so far, but my family and I were out of town for a couple of weeks and had some medical appointments afterward that took a lot of time and energy, so posting here was low priority. 

Some interesting things have happened, though. I got an email from a teacher at Washington School in Salt Lake City who wanted to know more about a memorial bust of Washington in the school library with Merle Hayward's name and death date on it. He sent these pictures:



Here's a picture of Leah Merle Hayward. 


Cousin Emily and I will work on providing the school with some family memories.

I also got a lead on another possible amazing project, but I won't mention that now.

Here's a fun guest post I wrote for Keepapitchinin: Elizabeth Kane Meets the Madonna Dolorosa.

Elizabeth Wood Kane

And, finally, I needed a break last week, so I sat down and did some research on the Godfrey family. This is in the Tanner line: Wallace Ove Tanner > Eva Margaret Overson Tanner > Margaret Godfrey Jarvis Overson > Charles Godfrey Defriez Jarvis > Mary Anne Godfrey Defriez > William Hindes Godfrey and Rebecca Bailey. It was a well-connected, literary, and artistic family, and had a history quite like a Jane Austen novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment