Thursday, October 28, 2010

Allison Bowers (1999-2010)

Over the past few months I have been posting materials on Elizabeth Pugsley Hayward and her husband Henry John Hayward. I have wanted to write a post about the deaths of their six children, and am planning to write it, but it has been difficult to get around to it since the subject has been so close to my heart with the situation of my youngest son and his medical condition. However, the past couple of years, my son has been doing very well, and the tender feelings of potentially losing him have subsided, but a couple of days ago the whole idea of losing a child has become all too real as my sister's young daughter lost her life in a tragic accident. The entire family is in shock and mourning and we feel great sadness.

Here is my brother's blog post with some of his thoughts.

Here is the online Legacy Guest Book for leaving condolences for the family.

The Arizona Republic wrote an obituary.

[Added October 30:] Here is the obituary at the funeral home website and the Guest Book there.

[Added November 5:] Here is another beautiful post by my brother.

And here is a short video with an expression of faith in the face of death as we all, and most particularly her parents and brothers and sisters, try to deal with the loss.

...the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men... are taken home to that God who gave them life. (Alma 40:11)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. This is heart-wrenching. Please know the other Wessman cousins are sorry for your loss as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish there was something more I could do. We are keeping all of the cousins in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry for your family's loss. You are all in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete