Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Life Sketch: New Feature in FamilySearch Family Tree

Here's a great new feature (just released yesterday, if I'm not mistaken) from FamilySearch Family Tree: an area at the beginning of each entry for a Life Sketch. Here's a screen shot of the biography I added to John Tanner's entry last night:


I really like this new feature. It looks like a Life Sketch can be 10,000 characters. The one I entered above, adapted from an old post about the movie made about John Tanner's conversion to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is 1,218 characters, so a biography could be about eight times as long as this one.

And here's another Life Sketch for Adeline Springthorpe Sparks Thomas. I wrote this for Adeline Springthorpe Sparks Thomas's FindAGrave entry and for my application to become a member of Daughters of Utah Pioneers, so it was ready to add to her Family Tree entry.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this information and your wonderful examples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2013/10/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-october-18.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,

    This post inspired me to check out Family Tree for the first time. I added a few life sketches that I wrote 13 years ago re: a few of my ancestors.

    ReplyDelete